Do you love houseplants? Or are you just learning to love them? Either way, it’s always fun to use decor in your home as an excuse to show off the green thumbs in your life. Here are five tips on how to decorate your home so everyone knows you’re a proud plant parent!
Any space can be plant-friendly
You don’t need a green thumb to show off your love of plants in your home decor. Here are five tips for making any space plant-friendly How to Decorate Your Home So Everyone Knows You’re a Proud Plant Parent:
5 Tips For Showing Off Your Love Of Plants In Your Home Decor
1) Add a little greenery – Pick up some succulents or other small, low-maintenance plants to add a pop of colour and texture into your space.
2) Use live wall art – Place fresh herbs like rosemary or basil on your windowsill, as they will continue to grow indoors and provide delicious dishes!
3) Find the perfect plant stand – Display your indoor planters with pride by placing them on beautiful pedestals so that everyone can see how awesome you are!
4) Fill a vase with succulents – A simple trick is to fill an empty vase with a few types of succulent plants and water daily.
5) Change your home décor seasonally – Replace winter blues by adding festive reds, oranges, and yellows.
Add greenery to kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, etc.
Plants are a great way to add life to any room in your home. Here are a few tips on how to show off your green thumb in your home decor • Add greenery to kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, etc.: Plants are a great way to add life to any room in your home.
- Consider getting an air plant (tillandsia): Air plants can go with you anywhere and provide plenty of color. They require no soil or potting but need bright indirect light and water about once per week when the soil is dry and never let them sit in water. When caring for your tillandsia, consider these things:
- Bright indirect light – too much direct sunlight will bleach out the colors of your plant! A south-facing window works well if you have one available.
- Potting Soil – Tillandsias do not require soil but some people prefer to use it because it helps keep their roots from drying out too quickly.
- Water – Always remember that tllandsias like more than just rainwater!
Keep your plants alive and healthy with proper care
Just like any other pet, plants need proper care to stay alive and healthy. Here are a few tips on how to take care of your plants:
- Make sure they’re getting enough sunlight. Most plants need at least six hours of direct sunlight per day.
- Water them regularly. Depending on the plant, they may need to be watered once a week or even daily.
- Feed them the right amount of fertilizer.
If you don’t want pets, fake it! Use houseplants as decor instead.
Not everyone wants the responsibility of caring for a pet, but that doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the benefits of having animals in your home. Houseplants are a great way to add life to your space without any of the hassle.
Here are tips for decorating with plants
- Keep an eye on their water supply: You want them to look good and feel healthy, so make sure they’re getting enough water.
- Try using air plants: Air plants are easier to care for than most other houseplants because they only need light and water every few weeks.
- Be mindful of sun exposure: Depending on what type of plant you have, they may need more or less sunlight than others. When they get too much sunlight, they will start to burn up and eventually die; when they don’t get enough, they’ll start to droop or lose their color. If you have any questions about how much light is right for your plant, take it into consideration when deciding where to place it in your home.
Shop smarter with this list of indoor plants
As a plant parent, you want your home to reflect your love of all things green. But you don’t want it to look like a jungle, either. A few strategically placed plants can make a big impact and show off your plant parenting skills.