One of the hottest trends in fashion right now is neon, which comes as no surprise as the bright and bold color pops against most clothing and shoes. But what do you do if you love the look but don’t have the wardrobe to match? Instead of shopping for new clothes, try bringing the trend home by incorporating neon into your home decor. With these three tips, you can find the perfect way to bring some fun into your home without breaking the bank!
1) Incorporate a little neon
Neon is having a moment in the fashion world, and you can easily work the trend into your home decor. A little bit of neon can go a long way, so start small by adding a neon pillow or two to your couch. Or, for a more dramatic look, try hanging a neon sign in your bedroom or living room. You can also incorporate neon into your kitchen by adding some colorful bar stools or an eye-catching backsplash. Finally, if you want to make sure every inch of your home feels like it belongs in the future, add some neon light bulbs! By replacing standard bulbs with fluorescent ones, you can give any space that futuristic feel. Just be careful not to overload on too much color; a few new bulbs will do the trick!
The cool thing about working neon into your home design is that you don’t have to stick to just one hue! Like anything else in design, there are no rules saying you have to use only one shade of any given color. Take another look at those signs out on display at retailers: they don’t just show one shade of each letter – they use multiple hues! Pick three shades and incorporate them together throughout your space; the result will be a style you can truly call your own.
2) Pick your neon tone – chartreuse, fuchsia, orange or yellow
When it comes to working neon into your home, you don’t have to go all out. A little can go a long way. Here are three ways to work the neon trend into your home decor
1) Start with an eye-catching accent piece: In place of a floral arrangement or candle holder, try using an orange plant or fuchsia succulent in a clear vase with water. Or if you’re feeling bolder, consider putting up something like this wall mural of neon pink fish! It’s not too hard to DIY and will give any room some personality.
2) Brighten up your kitchen: You can’t always make a room completely neon but changing one aspect of it might be enough to give you that new, updated feel that we’re all craving these days. For example, replace that dark brown cabinet door with a bright yellow one and watch how much more welcoming the space feels. Likewise, switch out those icky white tile backsplash for cool black and get ready for a fun pop of color.
3) Bring the fun to your bed: Imagine coming home after a long day and seeing this retro-style neon clock waiting for you on your nightstand. There is no better way to keep time than by letting it shine brightly right in front of you!
3) Add pops of color in unexpected places
Neon is a great way to add a pop of color to your home decor. You can use it in unexpected places, like in vases, picture frames, or even in throw pillows. neon can also be used to accentuate existing colors in your home. For example, if you have a blue couch, you could add a neon pillow to add a bit of contrast. Neon is also a great way to add some fun and personality to your space. It’s an easy way to spice up an otherwise boring room.
Feng shui is an ancient Chinese art that balances the energies in our homes for health and happiness. One way to incorporate feng shui into your home design is by using natural elements such as plants, stones, and water features.