If you live in a small home, you might think that you’re limited to one or two options when it comes to decorating and organizing. However, nothing could be further from the truth! With clever DIYs for small homes, you can stretch your budget and maximize your space, making your small house feel bigger than ever before with unique living ideas that anyone can follow. Check out these seven amazing tips to get started!
1) Use space wisely
In a small home, every square inch counts. That’s why it’s important to use your space wisely. Here are seven tips to help you make the most of your small home 1) Consider all the rooms in your house as potential storage areas. For example, if you have an unused closet in your bedroom, consider using it as storage by installing shelves and hooks.
2) Extend your home
One way to make your small home work for you is by extending your living space. If you have a backyard, consider turning it into an outdoor living room or kitchen. If you have an unfinished basement, consider finishing it and using it as extra living space. You can also get creative with the way you use your furniture. For example, use a dining table as a desk or set up a Murphy bed in your guest room.
3) Rent office space, not a whole office
There are plenty of benefits to renting office space instead of a whole office. For one, you’ll save money on rent. Plus, you’ll have the flexibility to choose a space that’s the right size for your needs. And if you ever need to move, it’ll be much easier to do so. Here are seven tips to help you make the most of your small home office.
4) Have multiple uses for each room
If you live in a small home, you know that every square inch counts. That’s why it’s important to make sure each room serves multiple purposes. For example, your living room can also be your home office, or your bedroom can double as a dressing room. Here are seven ways to make the most of your small space -Eliminate clutter: The less stuff you have around, the more open and airy your house will feel.
-Upgrade what you have: Look for ways to make what you already own work better. For example, adding shelves above your desk will save on floor space and create storage without taking up any walls.
5) Add height in small places
Adding height in small places can make a big difference in how your home feels.
- Start by looking at your furniture. If you have a lot of low-lying pieces, see if you can switch them out for taller options.
- Get creative with storage. Utilize vertical space by adding shelves or hooks.
- Hang curtains high and wide. This will give the illusion of more space and higher ceilings.
- Use mirrors to create the illusion of depth.
6) Get creative with storage
Small homes often come with small closets and even smaller storage spaces. But that doesn’t mean you have to live in a cluttered mess. Get creative with your storage and make the most of every nook and cranny. Here are a few ideas to get you started -Hang up hooks on the back of doors or walls to store hats, scarves, bags, etc.
- Install shelves above your dresser or vanity so you can use it as more than just a mirror
- Add extra shelving units to cabinets where possible
- Use baskets or bins instead of drawers (or vice versa)
7) Keep plants alive (even if you are bad at it!)
If you’re like me, you often forget to water your plants. But there are a few tricks you can use to make sure your plants get the hydration they need, even when you’re busy.