All of the holiday celebrations and festivities have taken their toll on your home, haven’t they? With all of the baking, wrapping, cooking, and cleaning you’ve been doing, it’s inevitable that your home has taken on some wear and tear. If you want to make sure your home looks its best throughout the New Year, follow these simple tips from Hopper Painting. Whether you want to freshen up your living room or ensure that your kitchen remains germ-free in 2023, these 8 simple ways will help you get your home ready for the New Year.
1) Give Every Room an Overhaul
- First, take a good look around each room in your house. What needs to be updated or refreshed?
- Take stock of what you have and what you need. This will help you make a plan and set a budget for your project.
- Choose a color scheme or style that you love and that will make each room feel new again.
- Start with one room at a time and work your way through the house until everything feels new again.
2) Schedule Out Time to Do Chores
One way to help keep your home feeling refreshed is by scheduling out time to do chores. This can help you stay on top of things and avoid letting messes pile up. Plus, it can be satisfying to check things off your list and see a clean house at the end of the day. To make this happen, create a household chore chart with tasks for each family member. Then schedule in tasks for each person according to their availability and expertise with various types of work around the house.
3) Start Small with Repainting
One of the quickest and easiest ways to change up your space is with a new coat of paint. You can repaint an entire room or just accent walls. If you’re feeling ambitious, you can even try out a new paint color in each room. A fresh coat of paint can really make a difference in how your home feels.
4) Pick Up Some New Plants
Plants can do wonders for your mood and your home. They improve air quality, boost your mood, and can even help you focus. Not to mention, they add life and color to any room. If you’re looking for an easy way to refresh your home for the new year, pick up some new plants. You’ll love how it adds a burst of life and color to your space. Plus, research shows that they improve air quality, increase productivity at work, relieve stress and anxiety, provide psychological benefits when caring for them, lower blood pressure levels after viewing them while experiencing stress (as opposed to other types of art), as well as reduce symptoms of depression when viewing them over other types of art therapy.
5) Get Rid of Junk
One of the best ways to refresh your home for the new year is to get rid of all the junk you’ve been meaning to get rid of for months (or even years). Not only will this declutter your space, but it will also make cleaning and organizing much easier.
6) Organize the Way You Want to
One of the best things about a new year is the feeling of a fresh start. And what better way to achieve that than by organizing your home in a way that works best for you? It’s important to take care of yourself first so that you can be there for others. You might also want to consider setting aside some time each day or week to take care of one area at a time, starting with an area that has the most clutter or feels overwhelming.
7) Choose Fun Decor Pieces
- If you want to add a pop of color, go for it! Decorate with fun pieces that make you happy and reflect your personality.
- Get rid of any clutter that’s been bugging you. Not only will this make your space feel bigger and more organized, but it will also help you relax and feel less stressed.
- Bring in some greenery. It’ll bring some life into your living room or bedroom and give off a relaxing vibe.
- Put on some tunes. Music has been shown to reduce stress levels by up to 65%.
- Try out new scents by using candles or air fresheners, or purchase flowers from one of our stores today!
- Add a rug: change up the look of your floors by bringing in an area rug that complements your current decorating style and mood.
8) Cleaning 101 – Weekly Routine To Keep Clean And Tidy
Start the new year off right with a clean and tidy home. Follow this weekly routine to help keep your home clean and clutter-free all year long. – Weekly Routine To Keep Clean And Tidy: Set aside an hour or two each week for housekeeping chores like vacuuming, dusting, laundry, and dishes. – Declutter The Kitchen: Take stock of what you have in your cabinets by going through them one at a time. Choose one cabinet to declutter each day for seven days straight until all of them are decluttered.