How to Make Homemade Scented Candles in 5 Easy Steps
Although they’re designed to bring light into the room, candles are also an excellent way to infuse it with fragrance and color. Homemade scented candles have become increasingly popular in recent years, but if you’ve never made your own before, the process may seem foreign and intimidating. Here’s how to make homemade scented candles in five easy steps.
- Start with a clean, dry Mason jar. Add 2-3 tablespoons of coconut oil to the bottom of the jar. This will help your candle burn more evenly.
- Next, add your wax flakes or pellets to the jar. For a 8-ounce jar, you’ll need about 6 ounces of wax.
- Place the Mason jar on a saucepan filled with water. The water should come up about halfway up the side of the jar.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and stir the wax until it’s completely melted. This will take about 15 minutes.
- Once the wax is melted, remove the Mason jar from the saucepan and add you’re essential oils.
For this project, you’ll need paraffin wax, a wick, essential oils, a glass jar, and a double boiler. If you don’t have a double boiler, you can easily create one by placing a glass bowl on top of a saucepan.
3) Melting Wax
The first step is to melt the wax. You can do this on the stovetop or in a Crock-Pot. If you’re using a stove, put the wax in a pot or double boiler and heat it on low until it’s melted. If you’re using a Crock-Pot, put the wax in the pot and set it to low. It will take longer to melt, but it will be more even and less likely to scorch.
The first step is to choose your wicks. The size of the wick will determine the size of the flame, and how long your candle will burn. You’ll want to make sure the wick is made of natural materials like cotton or linen, and that it’s free of any metal. Once you’ve chosen your wicks, you’ll need to soak them in the melted wax for a few minutes before you can start candle-making.
Making your own scented candles at home is a fun and easy project that can be done in just a few simple steps. Plus, it’s a great way to save money and get exactly the scent you want. Here’s how to do its