A hairy home can be very frustrating to live in and to keep up with, but you don’t have to put up with it if you follow these tricks for dealing with your furry housemate.
1. Choose your weapon
If you’re dealing with a hairy home, you need to choose your weapon carefully. There are a few different options available, and each has its own pros and cons. Here are the few ways to keep your home hair-free.
- Invest in furry covers for furniture – it’s an easy way to protect your favorite chair from pet fur buildup
- Tame your pet before they start shedding by giving them a brushing session 3. Maintain an air filter in your furnace so that all that pet hair is reduced to a minimum before it can enter the air supply
- Prevent hairs from clogging up drains by using hair catchers or plugging up the drain itself
2. Know where you’re starting from
Before you can start dealing with the hair in your home, you need to take stock of where you’re starting from. This means identifying the hairy areas in your home and making a plan for how you’re going to tackle them. Once you know what you’re up against, you can start implementing some of these top tricks for dealing with a hairy home.
3. Tackle one room at a time
Dealing with a hairy home can feel like an insurmountable task, but you can do it! The best way to tackle a hairy home is one room at a time. Start with the room that bothers you the most and work your way down the list. You’ll be surprised at how much better you feel once you’ve conquered one room!
4. Examine your options
From at-home waxing kits to professional laser treatments, there are a lot of options available for dealing with unwanted hair. But which one is right for you? Here are the top tricks for dealing with a hairy home
- If shaving or plucking hairs every day isn’t your thing, try electric epilators that can remove as many as 40 hairs in one go and don’t hurt nearly as much as waxing or tweezing!
- If your bathroom has a steam shower, try steaming up the room before stepping in and pulling out those hairs like they’re weeds in your garden! You’ll want to bring towels though – it’s likely to get messy!
5. Set realistic expectations
It’s important to set realistic expectations when it comes to dealing with a hairy home. You’re not going to be able to keep every single hair off the floor, but you can certainly reduce the amount of hair that’s floating around. Here are seven top tricks for dealing with a hairy home 1. Invest in a good vacuum cleaner: A high quality vacuum cleaner will suck up more pet hair than your standard machine, so spend some time browsing vacuums and see what fits your needs best.
6. Get the whole family involved
Creating a hairy-free home doesn’t have to be a one-person job. In fact, it’s easier – and more fun – when the whole family pitches in. Here are a few tips to get everyone on board
- Offer incentives for people who remove their pet hair from common areas of the house.
- Get kids involved by assigning them household chores that include removing pet hair from carpeting or furniture.
- Take photos of your kids with their favorite furry friend, print them out and stick them around the house so they can remind themselves to always groom their pets!
- Provide reusable lint rollers for easy clean up!
7. Stay focused!
It can be easy to get sidetracked when you’re trying to declutter your home. After all, there are so many things that need to be done! But if you want to make headway, it’s important to stay focused on the task at hand. One way to do this is to set a timer for yourself and work for a set amount of time. This will help you stay on track and avoid getting overwhelmed. Plus, it ensures that you won’t have the feeling of regret in the morning from not finishing anything!
Another thing to remember is to take care of small tasks before tackling larger ones. For example, rather than starting with tackling an entire closet or room full of clutter at once, start by emptying out one drawer or one closet shelf before moving onto another.