One hundred years ago, the average kitchen design looked drastically different than it does today. While technological advances have made kitchens much more functional, they have lost some of their aesthetic appeal in the process. In fact, many of today’s kitchen designs are downright unattractive, lacking in character and visually unappealing. But there’s one century-old kitchen design that looks better than ever, with its timeless aesthetics and sleek functionality set to inspire new kitchen trends in 2017 and beyond. Read on to find out more about this 100-year-old kitchen design and what it has to offer us today.
Evolution of kitchen design
Though our ideas about what the ideal kitchen looks like have changed over time, some things have remained constant. We still want a space that is both functional and beautiful, a place where we can prepare meals and entertain guests. This 100-year-old kitchen design shows us that lasting design is possible if we put thought into our choices.
Tips for design longevity
- Invest in quality materials that will stand the test of time.
- Select a timeless design that won’t go out of style.
- Avoid trends that will quickly date your kitchen.
- Think about how your family will use the space now and in the future.
- Work with a reputable kitchen designer who can help you make your vision a reality.
- If your kitchen is old, consider taking advantage of the opportunity to remove outdated cabinetry or counters before investing in new ones.
- Don’t forget about lighting! Good lighting is essential for any room, but especially for kitchens where tasks are done at all hours of the day and night.
- Finally, don’t neglect cleaning! Your kitchen will last longer if it’s properly maintained – so get those cleaning supplies ready!
In recent years, there has been a resurgence in interest in traditional and vintage design. This 100-year-old kitchen is a perfect example of a design that has stood the test of time. The clean lines and simple aesthetic are as relevant today as they were a century ago.
The importance of unique layouts
There’s something special about a kitchen that’s been designed to last. Maybe it’s the craftsmanship that went into creating it, or the fact that it has stood the test of time. Whatever the reason, we can all learn from kitchens like this one.
Finding a designer who understands your vision
When it comes to creating a lasting design, it is important to find a designer who understands your vision. A good designer will be able to take your ideas and turn them into a reality. They will also be able to offer suggestions and advice on how to make your vision a reality.Finding a designer who understands your vision is the first step in creating a lasting design.
Why color in kitchens is important
While the all-white kitchen trend has been popular in recent years, there’s something to be said for incorporating color into your kitchen design. For one, color can add personality and life to a space. It can also be used to create different zones within a kitchen, or to highlight certain features. Plus, studies have shown that children perform better on tests when they eat food from colorful plates.
A few of our favorite kitchen designs that incorporate color include this yellow and white kitchen by Alexander Gray Associates (above), which uses contrasting colors to give the illusion of more space; this colorful L-shaped loft by Anderson Wright Architects with bright blue cabinets; and this California beach house with shades of turquoise paint on the walls.